Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Culinary

I have known my mom as a great cook. My father and my brothers always love mom's cooking. I would say it's her natural ability. She didin't go to school for that nor attended any certification class. I would love for her to get a degree from any culinary school one day, God willing. I'd love her to be trained by a professional who specialized in culinary art. There are several types of culinary careers that direct food preparation and plan cooking activities in commercial kitchens and restaurants. Chefs are typically employed in restaurants, hotels, bakeries, food commissaries, catering companies, cruise ships, healthcare institutions, vacation resorts and similar establishments.

Going to culinary school is one way to become a chef, and it will certainly increase the potential employability of someone who would like to pursue a career in professional kitchens, like my mother. I want her to be a culinarian. A person working in the culinary arts. I know how she wanted to be a real chef in fine restaurants or own one, even though she's already the best chef we ever got in the family.

Culinary artists are responsible for skillfully preparing meals that are as pleasing to the palate as to the eye. Increasingly they are required to have a knowledge of the science of food and an understanding of diet and nutrition. They work primarily in restaurants, fast food chain store franchises, delicatessens, hospitals and other institutions. I believe my mother can do all these but I would love for her to get certified and fully skilled. I hope she can get her degree soon.

No comments: