Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ultrasound Technician

For me, to be in a medical field profession is security. Job opportunities are never ending, anywhere in the world. I never wanted to be one but I always have a heart to help other people especially the elders and infants. So, I decided to join the community a year after I arrived in the US, to be in the medical field.

Career education encompasses the development of knowledge, skills and attitudes through a planned program of learning experiences in education and training settings that will assist individual to make informed decisions about work and study options and enable to participate effectively in working life. It focuses on the application of skills and content area information necessary to cope with the problems of daily life, independent living, and vocational areas of interest.

I am very interested about ultrasound. It is a diagnostic medical procedure that uses high-frequency sound waves to produce dynamic visual images of organs, tissues or blood flow inside the body. I took EKG class and it just amazes me how people's heart is working. From then on, I have been wanting to learn everything including how a human form inside a woman's body and how it used in medicine to view internal organs of the body. I am sure there are lots of ultrasound schools around the US. And I am looking forward to find a good one closer to where I live.

I believe, to be a student of one of the ultrasound schools is very fulfilling and rewarding. As technology improves, specific ultra-sound training is important for anyone seriously considering a long-term career as an ultrasound technician.

No comments: