Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Favorite Seafood Recipe

I have many favorite seafoods recipe and baked tilapia is just one of them. I don't mind having it for lunch and dinner for several days. Especially with jasmine rice? Hmm, I just can't imagine how I would enjoy eating it with friends and loved-ones who also likes to eat it. Oh my, it makes me want to go to the store now and buy tilapia and cook this recipe for dinner tonight, trust me! I'm completely craving for it now, I tell ya. If you're not sure how to do it, below is a recipe I can share with you. I hope you will like it and will become one of your favorite too. It is very local and fresh, the source is known - very simple and easy to prepare and cook, the tilapia fish.
Baked Tilapia

Ingredients:

6 Tilapia fillets

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

4 sprigs of fresh thyme

3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped

1/2 cup coarsely chopped green olives

1/4 tsp. dried hot red pepper flakes

2 garlic cloves, minced

1/2 cup finely chopped red onion

1 T. fresh lime juice



Procedure:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

2. Lightly oil a shallow baking dish large enough to hold the fillets in one layer.

3. In a bowl stir together the oil, the thyme, the tomatoes, the olives, the red pepper flakes, the garlic, the onion, and the lime juice.

4. In the prepared baking dish arrange the fillets, skin sides down, season them with salt, and spoon the tomato mixture over them.

5. Bake the fish, uncovered, in the middle of the oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until it just flakes.


By adding a little more ingredients to it, I believe this dish would be a great contender for a cook off and be the new chef of the Great American Seafood Cook Off. Thinking about this, makes me feel very excited to experience and learn what would be that "little more ingredient(s)" need to be added in the recipe to make it tastier and brings positiveness of domestic seafood sustainability. Would you like to try it at your house? Let me know so you and I or anybody who want to join will set a date and can get together to prepare it and of course eat it together. Maybe one of us will really become the new chef of the Great American Seafood Cook Off.

No comments: