Saturday, July 12, 2008

Lumpia and Pancit Day

One of our friend's birthday was on the 11th of July. Due to some circumstances, it became a very unforgettable birthday to him. I said unforgettable because he is miserable, not happy of what's happening to his marriage and did not expect this things to happen and found out the worse information the night before his birthday. What a birthday gift, he said.

So to make him feel more like at home, my husband and I offered him a little birthday celebration at our house today. We simply call it a "Lumpia and Pancit Day". Why? Because he was also in the military, just like my husband and they both experienced some filipino foods and pancit and lumpia are one of their favorite. Then, I cooked both. And hubby made a great iced-tea for all of us.

We had one of my brother in-law came over too. He's now single for some reason and also suffering a little about relationship. So, we had two single guys came over today. :-) My lumpia and pancit were sold, hehe! Thank you and good credit to my mom who taught me how to cook. I love you so much, mom.

I'm sorry I was not able to take any pictures. Was too busy to get the camera. And besides, I was running late of preparing the foods coz my husband decided to have it ready by 3:pm instead of the original plan which was about 5-6 in the evening. But it turned out good and everybody was happy. Brother in-law had some bring-to-work food for himself, he works at night like me (but I'm off today, so poor him, hehe!). He don't wanna get in trouble at work, so there was no beer for him, lol.

That's it for today. I hope most of you folks have a wonderful day. I sure did have one! :-)

Have a great evening, everyone!

No comments: