Thursday, July 31, 2008

Get well soon, Fel

I have been contacting a friend of mine for quite number of times a few months back, nobody answered. I was hoping she's in good health and also thought that she changed her number, might have forgotten about me or simply don't want to talk to me anymore. It's been so long now I haven't talk to her, I would say since December of last year 2007. I miss talking with her on the phone, we do 3-way conversation along with our other friend.

A dear friend Jannette called me about lunch time today and asked how's our other friend doing. So, while I had her put on hold from our home phone, I called Ofelia, our dear friend using my cellphone. A guy answered the phone and I figured it was her husband. I kindly asked if I can speak with her and he said, she can't get to the phone right now, she's busy, followed with "have you heard what happened to us, do you know about her?". I wasn't able to answer right away and for the moment I was thinking like; are they divorced now? Is he controlling her, not to talk to anybody on the phone? Where is she? What is she doing? Is she okay? A lot of things questioned my own mind in that few seconds of not responding him. I finally said slowly and clearly, "no I have not, are you guys okay?" He paused for a moment and more questions ponder in my mind.

He started telling me the story about what happened on December 15, 2007 at 9:30am. I'm not going to get into very details coz it just makes my heart aches. I'm still shaking until now. He and his wife, my friend Ofelle were in a car accident while they were driving down in Miami, Florida. She was driving and totally lost of control when it happened. She was in ICU for a month, 3 months in the hospital, another several months at another hospital and until this moment, she's still in the hospital. =(( *cry* She can't talk, she can't eat and have a little brain damage. She has a gastrostomy-tube. It is a feeding device through which formula, fluids and/or medication can be given. And it is placed directly into the stomach through an opening in the abdominal wall. The tube can be placed surgically, endoscopically or with x-ray guidance. It is inserted into the stomach for feeding purposes if swallowing is a problem.

Can you imagine how the accident was? I can't, I can't imagine her being in that kind of situation. =(( I am still shaking even now, can't believe what happened all those times she wasn't able to call and talk to me. It made me shiver after I heard the story from her husband. Luckily he is okay and taking care of her now. Her mom from the Philippines arrived and been taking care of her too, for 3 months now. It is a very terrible tragedy for her whole family.

Oh Ofelle, I wish you a good recovery my dear. If you just know how much I miss our talkings on the phone, chit-chat on ym, the laughters we've shared and sometimes little problem here and there. May God heal you soon. I will pray for your fast recovery, Fel.

I love you dear friend. =((

2 comments:

Michelle2 said...

That was a sad news. Sorry to hear about your friend's accident. It seems that there are bad news happening from Pinays here in US. I don't know if you know Darlene, a c0-blogger who gave birth in the Philippines but sad to say her baby died after days or weeks at the hospital. I just wish that your friend will get well soon.

Pangit said...

I notice that too, sis. A lot of pinays here in the US are in bad situation, base on my observation.

Sorry to hear about Darlene. I hope she's ok now. I know how it feels when someone you love passed away.

Thank you for your message to my friend. I wish her the best. She's been in the hospital for almost a year now =((